Dentures and partial dentures are typically associated with an older generation. However, this is not always the case! People of all ages and from all walks of life who have missing teeth (or have had to have had to have a tooth extraction) will be familiar with these cosmetic dental products.
- Treatment needed when implementing a denture is less lengthy compared to some of the more vigorous dental procedures including dental veneers and implants where your jaw bone will be affected.
- Those who wear complete dentures pride themselves on having more a natural and realistic smile than some with other dental procedures.
- Having a full set of dentures can give the muscles in your jaw some support, giving you a more defined and structured look.
- Providing your denture doesn’t cause an infection, your surrounding and remaining teeth will not be affected by your denture.
- Most people using dentures will require the use of denture adhesives which will help the denture stay in place on the mouth
- At first, having adjustments made or wearing dentures for the first time, can cause great discomfort and will need some time to get used to the foreign object in the mouth
- The zinc free metal framework of dentures may feel uncomfortable over time! Eventually, the discomfort can lead to infections and sores. If this happens, it is recommended to seek a qualified health dental-technician as soon as possible.
Pro tip: Handle your dentures correctly and practice proper care using a soft bristled brush and cleaning solutions that removes plaque to avoid this.
- When removing dentures, they can become prone to breakage, costing hundreds to repair.
With this many cons, it comes as no surprise to find that more and more people are choosing to ditch dentures as their first choice solution. For example, one of our customers suffered a car accident at the age of nineteen. With her teeth broken and shattered, she was made to wear an unsightly partial denture.
Many of those in need of dentures are now searching for a more modern alternative to hide and cover missing teeth and transform their smile at an affordable price range. With most looking for several other dental cosmetic needs (such as teeth whitening) as well as a denture, the cost and physical pain from surgeries will eventually add up!
But the good news - for young and old alike - is that instasmile is a modern, non-invasive, comfortable alternative to partial dentures and is also more affordable - even compared to cheaper dentures!